Saturday, May 18, 2013

This crazy, insane, amazing semester!!

Hey guys! I realize I haven't posted in a long time. I thought I should, but I wasn't really sure what to write about this time. Then I started thinking back over this semester and I realized that's what I wanted to do. I wanted to write about this past semester.
This past semester has been so amazing and so crazy. For one thing, I decided to take 18 credit hours like I did my first semester, but this time with my 200 and 300 level classes. That was a mistake! And my grades show it...but, I digress. This was also the first time I had friends in almost all of my classes. Only two of the six did not have someone I knew. My biology class had my friend, Joey, History class had my friends Sarah and Josh(not my boyfriend Josh), Psychology had my RA, Cori, and my friends, Kati, Angela, and Jeshad, and English had Sarah and Ciara. That just left Theo and Math with no friends. So classes were definitely a lot of fun(even the ones that had crazy teachers. :P). Lol.
This semester also included many, many homework and study sessions with my good friend Sarah Ross, who I was taking History and English with. Sometimes, they were long and tedious, and I honestly just wanted to go snuggle with my boyfriend. But, thanks to all her help, I pulled out with a B in English and passed History with a C. Without her, I'm pretty sure I would have failed History and maaaybe gotten a C in English. So, I am very thankful to her for all her time and help. And to God, for helping me.
I made some new friends this semester, that's for sure. My friend Jon has become my little brother, and has become quite special to me. We love watching people's faces when he calls me "big sis" and I call him "little bro", because although he is younger than me, he is over a foot taller than me and is somewhat wider than me. But, he will always be my little brother, and I am so glad I met him. I also met Amber, a girl who was in my boyfriend's Drama Appreciation class. They got grouped in the same group for a project and I ended up tagging along to one of the meetings. After that, we became pretty close, and spent more time together. She is so much fun and has such a positive outlook on life, even when she's sad. I love her so much. She ended up dating my "big brother", Daniel, and I am so happy for both of them. They are so good together and deserve a good relationship. :) I actually became friends with a guy named Michael this semester who previously had a been a friend of my other friends to me. And I met and become friends with Sterling, which was lots of fun.
I also ended up rooming with my "little sister", Hailey, this semester and am glad of it. Sometimes we fight and want to kill each other, but we always love each other, and are there for each other. She will always be my little sissy, and I love her. We vented to each other many nights, and had lots of fun together. And no matter how mad we got at each other, we always said good-night before we went to sleep, and knew that everything was fine.
There were some really specific memories this semester, as well. There were random trips to the Pet Store with Daniel or Sterling, and the random fishing trip with Michael and Sterling. There were double dates both with Hailey and her bf and with Daniel and Amber. There were trips to Doc's Diner with groups of friends, and special dates with Josh. There were days spent with Sarah, and nights that Hailey and I stayed up talking for hours. There were visits from people who had left Liberty, like Rebecca and Bradley. And, by far the most memorable of all, was the day we went hiking to see Michael propose to his girlfriend, Brandi. I will always remember that day for so many reasons.
Also, throughout this whole semester, my boyfriend Josh and I have stayed in a committed, healthy relationship. It's been a lot of work, and we have had some interesting fights, but we have stuck it out and are nearing our 6 month mark in less than a week. I am so proud to call myself his girlfriend and hope we have many more semesters together.
Overall, this has been my best semester yet, despite my grades. So many friends that I'll keep for a lifetime, so many memories to cherish, and so many lessons learned. I know not all of my friends are coming back next semester, and I will miss them so much. But I know we will stay friends for many years to come. I will always look back on this semester with fondness, and hope my next four will be just as amazing!
Thanks for a great semester, everyone!! :D <3

2 comments:

  1. You are very welcome for all the nights of studying and lets hope we do not end up doing the same thing this semester as well. Good luck on the rest of your summer and I am not reading the mushy post because I know everything in it anyway. Also keep up the posts they can only help your writing skills increase.
    With love,
    Ross

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, you're so sweet, girl!! :D I hope you have a good rest of the summer too, and will definitely keep writing. I miss you lots and have a hug for you when we get back!! :D
      Love back at ya,
      Izzy :D <3

      Delete